Mustang

Mustang

Sunday, June 15, 2014

About me and My life.

My name is Dawa Shrepa and i am from the Sherpa community. My name has a significant meaning as well. Since I was born on Monday I was named Dawa which means “Moon” or “Month”. 

I am from one of the most beautiful places called “Solukhumbu” nicked named as “Solu” , which lies in the base of Everest. But ultimately ended up at Kathmandu at the age of 8. My father guides as a mountaineer. Since fitting to a Nepalese community it was compulsory to follow the footsteps of my parents. But biking interested me more. I was merely 15 years old when i got hold of my first bike. Then, I took it as a fun ride but as I dogged more and more into it, I became very fond it, and eventually ended up making it as my profession. 

I laid my hands on the first trip to Annapurna round as an assistance guide. It was purely bewildering. Seeing the Himalayas around me, I fondled, that was what I always craved and wanted to show the whole world; what I was blissful in doing. Till date I have guided more than 600 clients from around the world to one of the amazing landscaped of Nepal, Tibet and India. 12 times to Annapurna (anti clock wise) , 4 times(clockwise) to Annapurna has been amazing with 100% result along with clients satisfied. Besides biking, climbing has also interested me and not forgetting “Travel”. 

This blog is completely on my travelling diaries. I am blowing in the wind. A rider on the storm. Cheers

1 comment: